Negotiation Training in Ukraine with Mark Lowther, Ep #301
Mark Lowther is an amazing hostage negotiation professional. He’s also teaching hostage negotiation, mediation, and dispute resolution techniques in Ukraine. In this episode of Negotiations Ninja, Mark gives us a boots-on-the-ground view of what’s happening in the war zone.
It’s an active and dynamic situation with many variables. It’s difficult to anticipate or understand high-level moves being made and align them with the reality of what’s happening on the ground. We need to understand what’s going on so we know how to help. Learn more in this episode.
Outline of This Episode
- [2:45] Learn more about Mark Lowther
- [3:47] What Mark is doing in Ukraine
- [4:18] Traveling in and out of Ukraine
- [6:30] Negotiation training in Ukraine
- [8:04] The mistake people make with active listening
- [10:17] Dealing with emotion in a war zone
- [12:43] Adjusting to cultural nuances
- [18:10] Mark’s experience at the Russian checkpoint
- [19:55] Can the Russian-Ukraine Conflict be solved through negotiation?
- [22:18] Dissecting the mind of Putin and understanding his frame of mind
- [26:15] Will the rest of the world step in and intervene in the conflict?
Connect with Mark Lowther
- Connect on LinkedIn
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod