An Introduction to Self-Sovereign Identity with Northern Block CEO Mathieu Glaude
Shouldn’t you own and control your identity? It is yours after all. That's the idea behind self-sovereign identity — the idea that you control your own data without intervening administrative authorities. Mathieu Glaude is our guest on this episode of the Georgian Impact podcast. Mathieu Glaude is the CEO of Northern Block and helps enable organizations to build digital trust platforms. He also has his own podcast on SSI, called SSI Orbit, which informs a lot of our conversation here.
You’ll Hear About:
● What is self-sovereign identity?
● Digital trust and what falls under that umbrella.
● How issuers, holders and verifiers make up the trust triangle.
● Similarities and differences between SSI and crypto.
● The challenges with interoperability when establishing an ecosystem of digital trust.
● What it will take to get SSI into the mainstream.
● How this might create opportunities for tech founders.