Meet a Guru: Etienne Nichols
The Guru edge: it's what makes Greenlight Guru so unique and valuable to the medical device companies it serves. The Guru team is comprised of industry experts with a knack for helping companies succeed; each of whom have a specific skillset and knowledge base that companies can tap into and leverage throughout their medical device journey.
In this episode of the Global Medical Device Podcast, Jon Speer talks to Etienne Nichols, a Medical Device Guru at Greenlight Guru, to learn more about his expansive industry knowledge, experience, and passion, of which he uses in his approach to help customers work through the design and development process to bring safe, high quality products to market.
Some highlights of this episode include:
- Etienne is a mechanical engineer who loves learning and teaching how systems work together. He has both manufacturing and product development experience.
- Also, Etienne has aided in the development of combination drug-delivery devices and managed cross-functional teams to update designs of legacy products.
- There’s a whole side of the medical industry that Etienne didn’t ever think about until he broke his arm while in college. He thought about being a doctor, but decided to switch to making medical devices.
- Etienne believes the future is bright because people are working hard to develop new technologies and bring products to market to improve people’s lives.
- By working with gurus and engineers, Etienne has expanded his knowledge of different specialties and niches, including Software as a Medical Device (SaMD).
- At Greenlight, Etienne looks forward to meeting and getting to know more customers and continue to utilize his skills as an engineer.
- Once Etienne started following Greenlight, he was curious about its QMS and realized that Greenlight puts the traceability into the traceability matrix.
- Etienne understands the pain of following the design controls process in a paper-based QMS environment. Implementing a QMS doesn’t take a long time but requires a methodical approach. Go slow to go fast.
Memorable quotes by Etienne Nichols:
“I think the best thing for me is getting to see the technology that’s being developed out there and how many people are working so hard to bring products to market.”
“I feel like my breadth of knowledge is expanding just by being around these different people.”
“Greenlight Guru has really put the traceability into the traceability matrix.”
“I’m a huge fan of design controls workspace for sure. It’s awesome.”
FDA - Classify Your Medical Device
FDA - Software as a Medical Device (SaMD)
FDA - Design Control Guidance for Medical Device Manufacturers
Wade Schroeder (Medical Device Guru)
Jesseca Lyons (Medical Device Guru)
The Greenlight Guru True Quality Virtual Summit
Greenlight Guru YouTube Channel
MedTech True Quality Stories Podcast