Customer Discovery for Medical Device Companies
What is the customer’s ecosystem, and why do you need to know about it? In today’s episode, we spoke with Kari Haab about Customer Discovery for Medical Device companies.
Kari Haab has been working in the medical device world for over 10 years. She’s a part-time mentor in residence at Western Michigan University and a Partner with Cantilever Business Partners, and an independent consultant for start-up organizations. Prior to this role, she was Vice President of Product Strategy, at Aquaro Histology. Kari has implemented quality management systems and led the launch of products through development, clinical trials, FDA and CFDA approval, and marketing campaigns during her years in the field.
Listen to the episode to hear what Kari has to say about discovering the market fit for a device, overcoming the “bias of technology,” learning how to apply critical feedback to improve your product, and filling out the customer ecosystem.
Some of the highlights of today’s show include:
- The process for customer discovery
- The most successful team or approach for customer discovery
- What customer discovery for a client looks like
- How to handle technology looking for a problem
- Biases that Kari sees most prevalently
- Recommendations for looking at market fit
- The process to establish user needs
- How to start filling out the ecosystem to consider all the people involved