Why Demand is so High for Regulatory & Quality Jobs (and should you take advantage?)
Great uncertainty brings great opportunities for growth...career growth. Currently, regulatory roles are one of the highest in demand in the medical device industry.
In this episode of the Global Medical Device Podcast, Jon Speer talks to Mitch Robbins, founder and managing director at The Anthony Michael Group.
Listen as Mitch shares his unique insights and perspectives into why there's such a high demand right now for regulatory and quality roles and how you can find your next career opportunity with the help of a regulatory affairs recruitment solution for employers and candidates.
Some highlights of this episode include:
- The COVID-19 pandemic affected everything, including hiring practices. Companies started to shut down progressively and put hiring people on hold. Since April-May 2020, Mitch’s firm has worked non-stop with organizations that need help placing regulatory and quality talent.
- COVID has caused leaders to look at things differently, if they want to continue their business. Some are uncomfortable, others view it as an opportunity to move forward, adapt, and innovate. Flexibility and autonomy are key reasons why people are interested or not.
- Necessity is the mother of invention: Being forced to do things in a different way, how many businesses will continue the remote workforce model or go back to a brick-and-mortar office setting?
- The high demand for regulatory staff is based on several reasons, including the eventual rollout of EU MDR, unbelievable innovation and hypergrowth in digital health, population continues to age, and more medical technology startups.
- Career Hunters is an online, step-by-step program for professionals interested in moving their career forward. MedTech Talent Lab is a show that talks about all things talent related to medical technology and features a variety of guests.
- Recruiting has to change. The employer value proposition differentiates hiring opportunities. Top talent cares about organizations that help save lives or improve quality of life, rewards their talent, and offers meaningful value.
Memorable quotes from Mitch Robbins:
“When this pandemic started to happen, as rapidly as it did, in March, I, as the owner of our business, like everybody else was pretty freaked out because I saw things start to shut down and shut down more and more progressively.”
“We had some searches going on that a couple had just finished up and a couple that were in the final stages went on hold—just pretty much overnight.”
“We have just been non-stop with organizations that need our help to place regulatory and quality talent. So, I would say that the market is on fire and demand is...greater than it’s ever been.”
“Be okay being uncomfortable—meaning, especially with hiring practices, so many organizations, never in their wildest dreams thought they would hire on a remote basis, let alone build a remote workforce.”
“People that are moving and adapting to what is reality are the ones that are winning. It’s okay to be uncomfortable, especially if you see a way forward to continue to innovate.”