Relationships: 10 Things You Need to Hear
She's back! Dr. Vickie Dalton is here to talk about relationships!
As strong women, we’re willing to work really hard to make things turn out well. We want our relationships to go well too.
You can’t control others people’s behaviors.
I know I know, we believe things could be soooooo much better if we could just tell people what to do!
Nope. (I know, I know #superhard)
So what CAN we do?
10 Things ....
This applies to friendships, colleagues, & significant others.
- Take Responsibility and Accountability for our OWN behaviors.
- Choose to work on your relationships. Great relationships don’t happen by accident. They take INTENTION.
- Conflict will happen. You don’t have to agree on everything.
- After a fight, go back and work through it, even when it is uncomfortable. This is how we learn how to have great relationships.
- Assumptions are dangerous! You’re wrong half of the time about the context and background of an argument, even when you have a great relationship.
- Our kids are learning to communicate and how to do relationships from us. Don’t hide the struggle, learn and show them how to work through them.
- ASK FOR WHAT YOU NEED! Without guilt.
- There is no perfect. NOBODY HAS a perfect life. I REPEAT ….N O B O D Y has a PERFECT life.
- There are 3 steps to a great apology, stay until the end to learn those!
- We're all fabulously imperfect. Own that, learn and work through things together.